Moist chocolatey cake topped with chocolate cinnamon streusel in just 2 minutes. The quickest way to treat yourself! It’s only one serving size with no eggs. Drizzle some of your favorite syrup if you really want to but the crumb is just enough to cover. It has chocolate and peanut Butter! DOUBLE Yum! Right 🙂
I have been experimenting with different mug cakes ever since I heard about them before two years. It’s so quick that I don’t click pictures most of the time. And my recent creation is this chocolate peanut butter mug cake. This is one of the ideas that popped into my head when Hersey’s sent me these two lovely jars of peanut butter chocolate spread. Yes, you are reading that right. 🙂 It is Hershey’s Reese peanut butter chocolate spread. It was in United States and now in Canada too. I had lot of ideas when I received it but I wanted to try something quick and tasty recipe only. I believe that quick recipes are what all we need in this busy life. I tried not digging into the jar because I want to try some great recipes 😉 I would surely spoon in otherwise 😀 if you know me. You can also try this recipe with plain chocolate or peanut butter spread. I always like to have mug cakes for breakfast with some milk or coffee. You can have it 🙂 even as a snack 😉 and actually you don’t need a reason to have this 😀 !
Vegan note: Replace the yogurt with soy milk or coconut milk.
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp.
- Granulated sugar – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – ⅛ tsp
- Chocolate Peanut Butter – 2 tbsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- All-purpose flour – 3 tbsp
- Baking soda – ⅛ tsp
- Cinnamon – ½ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Ground cinnamon – ⅛ tsp
- Light or dark brown sugar – 1 tbsp
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1 tbsp
- Make the streusel by combining all the streusel ingredients into a small bowl.
- In a mug, add vegetable oil, sugar and mix well. Then add the vanilla extract, the star ingredient “chocolate peanut butter”, yogurt and mix well.
- Now add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt to it. Mix all well.
- Top it with the streusel.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Start checking from 1 minute 20 seconds. Mine was done exactly at 1 Minute 30 seconds. Even keeping in microwave for long can turn it rubbery.
Disclaimer: This post has been sponsored by the Hershey’s Canada and I have been compensated monetarily! However all opinions are my own as always.