This recipe I usually make in a corning ware and serve it for a lot of people for breakfast. And this time Instead of big bread, I think to portion them in muffins. You can use any type of flour you want like corn flour or wheat flour. Made on a Sunday, it lasted for a week breakfast. Use whatever cheese you want to like smoked Gouda, cheddar or Swiss or parmesan. You can even add bacon to it. It is even perfect for a quick breakfast or a light afternoon snack. If you plan to treat for feeding a crowd, this is something quick and great.
I made these with the beautiful muffin from bakers secret. I received a whole set 5-PC Bakeware Set from them. They are so comfortable, affordable and non-stick. So, I really appreciate Baker’s secret for sponsoring this post and giving me this amazing set.
The great news today is that Worldkitchen offering readers of Relishthebite the chance to win a 8″ Baker’s Secret Square Cake Pan (The giveaway is open to all residents of Canada (Including Quebec) only. (sorry to my other country readers)
- To enter, just leave a comment below, answering the question: What is the recipe you would love to make in this 8″ Baker’s Secret Square Cake Pan?
- Visit RelishthebiteFacebook page, like it also!
- Follow Relishthebiteon Twitter page.
The giveaway closes at 23:59 December 16th , 2015
The lucky winner will be chosen by Raffle copter and I will notify that person by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond and provide me their mailing address and phone number (No post office box numbers, please, for delivery purposes).
Also please note, by entering the giveaway and should you win, you are providing consent for me to give your mailing address and phone number to Worldkitchen.
Get in a holiday mood! Baker’s Secret is hosting a Twitter Party on Wednesday December 9, at 9pm EST (6pm PST). Participate using the hashtag #bakerssecret, and you’ll get a chance to win a Baker’s Secret prize package! Get more details and RSVP right here.
- Cheddar – ½ cup, shredded
- Olive oil - 2tbsp
- Jalapeno – 5, rounded circle cut, Remember to save to top the muffins!
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper- 2 tsp
- Bell pepper – 3 tbsp, chopped finely
- Thyme – fresh or dried
- Nutmeg – a pinch
- Red chilli flakes – 2 tsp
- Garlic (fresh or dried) – 2 garlic chopped
- Egg – 4
- All-purpose flour – 1¼ cup
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Parmesan cheese - garnish
- Preheat your oven at 375F.
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients. Add cheese and toss.
- In another bowl, mix all wet ingredients including bell peppers and jalapenos. Remember to save some jalapeno to top the muffins.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry with a wood spatula, until well incorporated. Please make sure to not over mix.
- Apply little oil to a standard-size ice-cream scooper, and fill each cup with a well-rounded scoop of the batter.
- Sprinkle little cheese and jalapeno.
- Place them into the oven and lower the temperature to 350F and bake. Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden brown tops. And try inserting a toothpick comes out almost clean with a few crumbs. Remove from oven and wait for 1-2 minutes, and remove from the muffin pan.
Disclaimer: World Kitchen sponsored this post, I was given this beautiful 5-PC Bakeware Set baking dishes to try and I’ve been compensated monetarily for this recipe. However, all opinions are my own as always.