Cucumber raita is one of the simple and easy recipes. Cucumber raita rehydrates body and replenishes daily vitamins. Actually you don’t have a recipe. It’s just you need to mix them all together. But it’s one of the raita you can even have direct without no rice or roti. You can have this as side to rotis, biryani or as a dip. It taste great as a dip.
Some squeeze out the water and directly add the grated cucumber to the curd but I like to add it to retain its nutritional values. You can just make plain cucumber raita. But I wanted to make it more healthy and colorful by adding carrot.
You can make raitas with pretty much any vegetable. You can make onion raita, pomegranate raita, boondi raita, okra raita, carrot raita, mango raita, pineapple raita.. etc. My favorite is boondi raita. And the next is cucumber raita. It’s very good for health.
- Cucumber – ½ medium sized
- Carrot – ½ medium sized
- Curd/plain yogurt – 1 cup
- Roast Cumin seeds powder - 1 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt – as needed
- Coriander – to garnish
- Wash the cucumber. Peel the cucumber and chop it very finely.
- Wash the carrot. Peel the carrot and chop it very finely
- In a bowl, beat the yogurt till smooth.
- Add the cucumber and carrot to the yogurt.
- Add the cumin powder,chaat masala and salt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
2. You can even grate the cucumber instead of chopping. But I like to feel the cucumber in my mouth.
It serves best as a dip, as a side for rice, biryani or roti. Healthy to have as a snack.