Spice coated chicken cooked and slow roasted in the hot pan scraping up the juices.
This is one of the easy and delicious ways of preparing chicken in Indian style. It is very simple and straight forward. This recipe is very easy to make, it took me 40 minutes totally with chopping. It taste great with rice,biryani, roti, paratha or even with dosa, idli.
I made this for my friend Kripa for her birthday two weeks back with lamb Biryani and mixed vegetable garlic raita. She liked it a lot 🙂 Cooking gives happiness when you prepare it for someone. Birthdays are always special to me 🙂 that is a kid typing from inside. 😉 I usually prefer to cook with drumsticks than chicken breast. I feel sometimes if the chicken breast is not good, it gets rubbery. Even though I am a vegetarian, I do have my own craving to cook chicken or lamb for my close one. It totally makes me happy.
I make different styles of chicken each time; I usually tend not to make the same recipe again and again. There are so many recipes to try, why to waste on that. We have thousands of recipes to try in every cuisine. Few comfort foods are the ones I try always. But these days, I am trying to even change that.
My other chicken recipes: chicken 65, Spicy chicken roast, pepper chicken curry, sweet and spicy garlic chicken drumsticks, spicy chicken egg fry noodles, Home style spicy chicken roast, butter chicken roast
- • Chicken Drumsticks - 6
- • Oil – 2 tbsp
- • Curry leaves – 1 spring
- • Cumin seeds/ Jeera – 1 tsp
- • Coconut – 2 tbsp, grated or desiccated coconut
- • Onions – 2, medium, sliced finely
- • Tomatoes – 1, medium, chopped finely
- • Green Chillies – 2, sliced
- • Garlic – 5, chopped finely
- • Ginger – 1 inch, chopped finely
- • Turmeric powder – a pinch
- • Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- • Coriander powder – 1tbsp
- • Fennel powder – 1 tsp ( I crushed some fennel seeds and added)
- • Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- • Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- • Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, chopped, for garnish
- • Salt – as needed
- Take a pan and oil in medium flame, cumin seeds and when their color changes, add cumin seed. When it turns brown, add onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves.
- After the onion is sautéed, add tomato, turmeric powder, keep stirring and make sure it sautéed well for a minute.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, fennel powder, garam masala powder and sauté well till it oozes out oil.
- Add the coconut and sauté well.
- Add the chicken and mix well.
- Close it with the lid , keep it in medium to low flame and add 2 tbsp of water. Let the chicken cook from the water that chicken oozes out.
- Once it is almost 90% done till the chicken is dry and roasted. Keep the vessel open and not close it with lid now.
- When it is perfectly roasted, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.