Today I am going to make one of the best Asian street food. I would like to visit there just to smell the delicious food in every small street there and also the Asian staple food, Noodles. If you learn to cook the noodles properly, you will be surprised how quick and easy you can make a delicious dinner. For the past two days, I did not get some time to post. I wanted to make it a point that at least I should post every alternative days. But I am so tired after the long day;) I just doze off staring at my screen. 😀 So I am trying to make very quick recipes.
This dish is sneakily easy. 30 minutes to finish 🙂 and you are done 🙂 you can use any vegetable that gets wasted in your refrigerator. Open it 😉 there will be something!
When you buy one chicken breast and try this recipe, it can easily serve two – three persons. This dish contains even distribution of noodles, garlic, chicken, broccoli, shredded carrot and egg. Lovely! Make your dish with 1/3 rd noodles, 1/3rd vegetables and 1/3rd protein (chicken). This dish taken minutes to do, but my suggestion is to keep it organized so u can pull them in finger tips.
It looks colorful and very appetizing 🙂 Send me/ tag me if you make this recipe 🙂 I will be extremely happy to see your beautiful and colorful food 🙂
- Soy Honey sauce -
- Ground black pepper corns.
- Soy sauce – 3 tbsp
- Black pepper corns – ½ tbsp. freshly grounded
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Chicken Breast – 1
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Broccoli – 1 cup
- Carrot – ½ cup shredded
- Red chilli – 3 broken
- Salt – very little ( as soy sauce has salt)
- Pepper – a pinch
- Egg - 2
- Sesame seeds – to garnish
- Scallions – to garnish (green part)
- Lemon juice – Fresh to granish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the instant noodles and cook for two – three minutes. Drain them and rinse with cold water. This removes the starch and helps them stir fry.
- Mix the ingredients under “soy honey sauce”. And keep aside.
- Chop your garlic and ginger thin, the thinner the garlic and ginger, the crispier the taste. And chop your broccoli and slice them down. Shred ½ cup of carrot.
- Take the chicken breast, slice the fillet off. You need nice and thin strips of chicken. So, keep your chicken flat on the board, slice them half on the middle as shown. This is called butterfly in the chicken. Hehehe! Take a rolling pin, roll over it and flatten it. The thinner the slice, the crispier it is. Now take the chicken breast, slice them into thin strips.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil on a hat pan/wok on a medium flame, add the red chillies and stir well for a minute. Add the chicken, some salt (add less salt, as soy sauce has some salt) and pepper. When it’s mixed, get the garlic in. If you cut both in thin strips, it takes same time to cook.
- When it gets crispy and little brown, add the broccoli and shredded carrots into it. You don’t have to boil them. That crunchy effect elevates the taste. Mix it well for a minute. And add soy-honey sauce to it. Mix well and pour this mixture onto a bowl and keep it aside.
- Break two eggs and give that really good whisk.
- Use the same pan you used before. Wipe it with tissue and add 2 tsp of oil into it. Pour the whisked egg on it, season with little salt and pepper. Drop the noodles on it and give a quick stir. Add the stir fry chicken and vegetables. Bring them all together.
- Season with sesame seeds, chopped scallions juice and squeeze little fresh lemon juice.
2. You can replace chicken with tofu and make this dish vegetarian stir-fry noodles.