Easter weekend special!!!
These gorgeous ladoos can be made in 30 minutes! Perfect thing ever for an After Dinner Bite-Sized sweet!
If you have some guest or family coming over or a get together or for any pot luck, this is the best recipe to make. You can never go wrong with this recipe. I prepared this and even brought it to work and my colleagues loved it. I got all great reviews :D! These scrumptious coconut fudges needs only few ingredients and takes only 30 minutes. A perfect dish to make at the last minute and also everyone will love it. Or if you’re planning for a big heavy dinner, this is perfect to make as it just melts in your mouth. I just developed this recipe from my coconut ladoo recipe. But I was very sure that it is going to taste great. I know anything with coconut and condensed milk taste great. It is a great way to feed the kids with veggies. It looks gorgeous! Right? 🙂
Before few months, I had that craving for something sweet after dinner. So I would say this is the most perfect thing ever for an After Dinner Bite-Sized Something Sweet! If it is something big, wouldn’t resist myself for eating :)You can change the nuts you want to add or even make this with no nuts. These are so easy to prepare that even little kids can prepare them. It is just perfect for any occasion. Even carrot hatred people would love this 🙂 It is that good! I am saying this because one of my colleague is not fond of carrots and she said she still loves it 😀 😀 😀 Happy me!
You can prepare the way you prepare carrot Gajar halwa and just add coconut to it and make ladoos. You can use the leftovers of gajar halwa and prepare this. 😉 I am sure there wont be any leftovers of gajar halwa. Gajar halwa is a famous Indian dessert made with carrot, milk, ghee and nuts.I have some recipes made with condensed milk and you should check it. They are all quick recipes – Sweetened condensed milk toast with orange zest, coconut fudge, and coconut ladoo.
I have a lot of vegan friends, so making a note of how to make sweetened condensed milk using coconut milk. You can buy the coconut milk in the milk section as a carton and use it:
Vegan sweetened condensed milk:
In a heavy-bottomed small pot, whisk together the1 can of coconut milk and 2 tbsp of brown sugar. Bring this to a boil over medium heat for about 20 minutes until mixture had reduced by half. Cook it uncovered. Stir in. Stir in ½ tsp of vanilla and salt. Keep stirring for every 5 minutes.
- • Carrots – 4 medium, about 1.5 cups when grated.
- • Cardamom powder – 1 ½ tsp (optional)
- • Unsalted butter/ ghee – 1 tbsp ( use oil if vegan)
- • Sweetened condensed milk – 1 cup
- • Almonds – 7, sliced
- • Rose water – 1 tsp (optional)
- • 1 cup of desiccated coconut – 1 cup (keep ¼ of coconut aside for rolling)
- Wash, peel and grate carrots.
- In a wide pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter/ghee/oil and toast the almonds till it turns golden. Drain and keep it aside.
- To the same pan, add grated carrots and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes until carrots are little soft and it will ooze out some water and get dried.
- At that stage, add the dessicated coconut. Toast for a minute.
- To the same pan, pour the sweetened condensed milk and rose water to it. Mix well and cook on low flame.
- Cook it until the mixture gets thick and starts to roll like a ball. It will take around 5-8 mins.
- Add the roasted almonds, cool the mixture but not make it really cold. Cool it little so that you can handle by hand.
- Just apply ghee/oil in your hand, make round balls by taking that mixture in your hand.
- Roll these balls in the ½ cup of desiccated coconut. And serve.
- You can store them in airtight container upto four days. I refrigerate them as it is coconut based dish.
2. You can also use fresh coconut but you can’t store it for long time. So i prefer to use desiccated coconut. And also you have to cook the fresh coconut for a longer time since fresh coconut can be moister.
** Ghee – Indian clarified butter
** Cardamom – Indian spice. You can get this in any Indian store as a powder or as whole.