This is a great source of vitamin C, and help in increasing your immune system. And top of it, if you have cold & flu, it helps to reduce it. It has Orange, Coconut milk, ginger, vanilla and honey. As a whole it has amazing benefits. Ginger has been a treatment for cold for thousand of years. It’s a five-ingredient smoothie, which does wonders to us. If we have one smoothie similar to this for a day once, it’s really good for health.
I am not really good at saying all this health related stuffs. But out of experience, I recommend oranges always. And I personally know that oranges are good for skin, hair and health. I have read that it’s good for skin and prevents aging faster .
I used the leftover oranges as I used the orange peel for Orangettes. I kept them in refrigerator covered for thirty minutes so that I can avoid ice much. And I used coconut milk, which was kept in refrigerator too.
You can even use the store bought orange juice and try this recipe instead of fresh oranges. It taste equally good. But fresh oranges/clementines has more nutritional value as we all know. If you wanted to get over the bottle of orange juice somehow as the expiry date is near by, then this is the best handy recipe.
I did this recipe with honey. If you don’t want honey on this recipe, use sugar.
- Oranges – 4 peeled and cut roughly.
- Ginger – 2 tsp crushed.
- Coconut milk – 1 ½ cups
- Shredded coconut – for garnishing
- Honey – 2 tbsp (or sugar – 2tbsp)
- Ice cubes –3-4
- Blend the oranges, coconut milk, honey/sugar, ice cubes and ginger zest together in a blender for 2 minutes.
- Filter them if you don’t like the pulpy flavor.
- Garnish with shredded coconut.
2. You can even use the store bought orange juice and try this recipe instead of fresh oranges. I have tried it.
3. Filter them after blending if you don’t like the pulpy flavor.