Potatoes are the easiest ones to cook and also one of the most favourite vegetables of all especially the kids. And it’s really hard to go wrong with recipes when we have potato as our ingredient. It will be tasty always. There are loads of ways to do potato roast. I usually have this potato sukka with roti or rasam. There are lots of dishes that we can do with potato. This one is my personal favourite. All the herbs and spices go well into the potato and makes it even more tastier. It is simple and tasty to eat having a lot of flavors going into our mouth 🙂 If you see, all the veggies i used are sliced and not chopped. Thats a secret of this dish 😉 i would say!
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Onions – 1 sliced
- Garlic pods – 6 sliced finely
- Ginger – 1 inch sliced finely
- Green chillies – 2 sliced finely
- Curry leaves – 8 sliced finely
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup chopped finely
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Potatoes – 4 sliced
- chilli powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Heat some oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and urad dal and wait till it crackles.
- Add the cumin seeds,onions,garlic, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves, salt and turmeric powder. Fry them till the onions get slightly brown.
- Add the potatoes and chilli powder. Pour ⅛ cup of water. Close the lid and boil them in medium flame.
- Open it after ten minutes and mix them. Wait till the bottem parts of potatoes get little brown evenly. Mix them and switch it off.
2. Slice the vegetables at equal length , it will give great presentation to the whole dish.