Eggs are simmered in spicy & delicious Indian gravy ! 🙂
I always tend to have eggs at home. So, if you are having some guest coming home, and you wanted to make a quick tasty side dish, this is the one you need to make. And quickly serve with some hot basmati rice.
I made this egg masala long back when some of my friends came for lunch with my favorite Hyderabad Lamb Biryani. It was drafted for a long time in my list to post, thought this is the right time to post it because I did not pretty much cook anything for past one week. The masalas in this egg roast are finger licking good. Eggs are the best friend for bachelor cooking I guess, easy to make it for a side dish. So, if you wanted to make it special with a comfort lunch without much of work and grocery shopping Then go for this!
My other favorite Egg recipes: Egg pepper Roast, Hyderabadi Egg Biryani, Egg Masala Toast, Mumbai-style Egg Bhurji, Simple poached egg and avocado toast, Spicy Chicken stir fry egg noodles
Quick & Simple Egg curry in 20 Minutes
Author: Suganya Hariharan
Recipe type: Main
- Eggs - 4
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds/ Jeera - 1 tsp
- Red chilli - 2, Broken
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Garlic - 4, very finely chopped
- Ginger -1/2 inch, finely chopped
- Green chilli - 1, small, finely chopped
- Onion - 1 big or 1 cup, very finely chopped
- Tomato - 2 small, or 1 cup, very finely chopped
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Fennel powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - ¼ tsp
- salt - about 1 tbsp ( as per your taste)
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp, finely chopped, for garnishing
- Hard boil the eggs by boiling the eggs – Boil water, add a tsp. of salt, add eggs and cook for 10 mins in medium flame. Once done, add them to cold water and set aside for 5 mins, make a small crack using a knife or just cracking in a nearby object and remove the egg shell carefully. Do not cut the eggs, but just give a quick 4 slits on the eggs but not chop them. this will make the masalas go on into the curry.
- Heat oil in a pan; add hing, broken red chilli and jeera and sauté for few seconds. Add chopped onion, curry leaves, chopped ginger and chopped green chilli, chopped garlic and sauté till onion becomes translucent and golden brown. Add chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder, sauté till its little mushy.
- Now add the chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, garam masala and mix well. Saute it well for 2-3 minutes to raw masala. Now add the eggs and then add ½ cup of water and make it boil in medium flame closed for 2-3 minutes.
- It will reduce into an onion tomato pasty consistency and will ooze out oil on sides.
- Finish with coriander leaves and serve it hot!
1. It is spicy curry, so adjust your spice level according to it!
If you make a some restaurant style Biryani, pulao for this egg fry, that’s a complete lunch. Even it tastes great with plain rice or Indian bread.