This is my favourite dish if I wanted it to eat healthy. To be frank with you, I am not a salad person at all. But once in a while, I would have that craving for salads. I guess I should stress on the “WHILE” part 😀 strongly. And when I have them, I want them with all the taste and health factors on the plate.
I like the part that salads are simple enough to put together for a light weeknight meal, and really fancy enough to serve as a starter at your night or summer party’s.
It’s a refreshing summer salad. The dressing used is jam packed with all sorts of ingredients that just come alive when you eat it. The combo with sweetness of peach and balsamic glaze, crunchy walnuts, mustard flavor, freshness of spinach, and that crumbled cheese is really worth it. When you look at the combo, its kind of weird. But try it 🙂 you would surely know what I am trying to say, Fresh, crunchy, salty and sweet! That explains it all.
You can also grill the peach and use. It gives an excellent smoky taste. Do it with some olive oil, balsamic, pinch of salt and use it instead of plain peach. But if you want grill your peaches, be very careful. They have a tendency to pick up the flavors of what you previously grilled on that grill. You may want to clean your grill well before grilling them.
- Peaches - 2 firm yet ripe.
- 4cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts and pecans together
- ½-cup blue cheese crumbles or feta cheese
- ½-cup balsamic vinegar
- Dijon Mustard – 2tbsp
- Honey -1/2tsp
- Olive oil
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Heat it in simmer for 15-20 minutes until the balsamic vinegar is syrupy and reduced very well.
- Meanwhile, Slice the peaches into 5 or 6 segments per peach.
- In a small bowl, stir together a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper. Whisk together all the dressing components and taste. If you like it more mustard flavor, add more mustard, if it’s too tart, add a bit more honey. Chill until ready to use.
- Dry roast walnuts and pecans. Keep it aside.
- Toss spinach with a little of olive oil. Place it in the salad bowls. Top the layer the spinach with salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, peach, nuts and crumbled cheese. Top it with balsamic if needed.