This is a unique combo and that Sauteed ginger in yogurt gives great flavor. It has cooling and soothing taste and it is perfect side dish for any biryani recipes like vegetable biryani or lamb biryani. And the ginger us perfect for health.There are countless varieties of raita – Onion raita,cucumber raita,tomato raita, carrot raita, fried onion raita, mint raita, spinach raita and pomegranate raita and so on. Raitas are always a good way to include yogurt in your everyday meal. I like to even have plain yogurt but for many i understand it is really hard. So this is the best way. I know many might think the ginger flavor is overpowering but it is not and lends a fresh aroma to the raita. I always make raita, chill and serve.
I have never tried this combo of carrot and ginger. But when i tried this, i was in pure love.
Vegan Note: You can use soy yogurt instead.
Carrot Ginger Raita
Author: Suganya Hariharan
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Carrot – 1 cup, grated finely
- Ground cumin – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Ginger - 2 inch, minced finely
- Red chilli flakes – ¼ tsp, garnish
- Fresh cilantro – 1 tbsp, finely Chopped
- Take a small pan; add the oil and ginger and roast till golden.
- , In the same pan, add the grated carrot and minced garlic and salt and sauté well. And keep aside.
- Combine the yogurt with the sauted carrot ginger and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Garnish with red chilli flakes and coriander leaves.