I made this as a side dish for spinach curry ( keerai moolagootal in tamil). It was yummy. I always like to have something crispy when I make spinach. So I thought of making Cauliflower gobi 65. But did not want to fry for two reasons that I wanted to have healthy food and second is I did not have oil at home. I was so lazy to buy them so stayed home and made these cauliflower bites. It was just so crispy and perfect that I was wondering why I did not make these for so long.
It is a perfect snack and perfect side dish for rice and curry!
You can replace this cauliflower with any vegetable for this paste. Try aloo( potato), broccoli, mushroom, babycorn. Everything will be extraordinary. Even simple onion would be great when marinated in this paste and fried.
It is kid friendly as its not spicy. You can spice up the recipe more/less by adding/reducing chilli powder.
- • Cauliflower - 1 medium
- • Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- • Fennel powder – ½ tsp
- • Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- • Oilve oil – 3 tbsp
- • Salt – as needed
- • Garnish- curry leaves/ onion/ lemon/ green chilli[tp grind]
- Garlic - 5 pods
- Corainder seeds - 1 tsp
- ginger - 1 inch, chopped
- Wash and separate the cauliflower florets from cauliflower. Cut them bite size pieces. You don’t want it to be big chunks, as it’s hard to boil as we are just baking and not boiling. blanch the cauliflower for 5 minutes in hot water.
- Crush the garlic,garlic and coriander seeds.
[ img src="http://www.relishthebite.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Roasted_Cauliflower-2.jpg"]
- Take a broad vessel; add the cauliflower, crushed paste,chilli powder, pepper powder, fennel powder, salt and little oil. Mix them well. Set aside for 10 minutes.Coriander powder also.
- bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes for 180 degree Celsius and spray the rest of the oil. Bake the cauliflower batch by batch.
You can bake them till they look crispy outside. you can rotate the sheet once every 15 minutes.
- Finally garnish with lemon, onion slice, curry leaves and serve.
2. If you want it crispier, add some rice flour.