A very healthy comfort food to satisfy your craving.This combination makes the dish juicy and crunchy. This dish is very healthy and also palatable. They look beautiful when you plate them. I always love Mexican food. Burritos, tostadas, taco ..enchiladas. You can always do your own taco plate with the veggies/meat you have at home. Just top it with some spices and colourful veggies to make it vibrant. Becaise I love Mexican food, this casserole hits all of the right spot for me. The spice level wzas perfect to me, if you think it is more, just reduce!
This delicious casserole is purely vegetarian and healthy! You can layer this in the pan like the way you want, avoid quinoa or avoid tacos. You can have them without tacos or just place over tacos after its cooked, garnish and enjoy it as for Tuesday tacos.I wanted to make this totally a healthy vegetarian guilt free food! I just mixed everything together and bake it, how simple it is right. You can even avoid the onion sauté and just mix everything in a bowl and bake it straight!
My other favorite mexican recipes : Roasted Cauliflower tacos with cilantro lime creama, Mexican mini mushroom quesadilla.
The great news today is that CW by Corningware is offering readers of Relishthebite the chance to win a 2.5 Quart Vermillion Baker (Similar to Red one in the four piece picture- Retail Value $21.99). The giveaway is open to all residents of Canada (Including Quebec) only. ( sorry to my other country readers)
- To enter, just leave a comment below, answering the question: What is the recipe you would love to make in this 2.5 Quart Baker?
- Visit Relishthebite Facebook page, like it 🙂 also!
- Follow Relishthebite on Twitter page.
The giveaway closes at 23:59 October 20th, 2015
The lucky winner will be chosen by Raffle copter and I will notify that person by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond and provide me their mailing address and phone number (No post office box numbers, please, for delivery purposes).
Also please note, by entering the giveaway and should you win, you are providing consent for me to give your mailing address and phone number to Corningware.
- Bell Pepper – 2 , chopped
- Garlic – 4, finely chopped
- Jalepeno – 1, chopped finely
- Onion – 1, chopped finely
- Frozen corn – 2 cups
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Cheese – 2 cups, grated (Mexican blend or some mozzarella & cheddar mix)
- Wheat / corn tortilla – 6
- Quinoa – 2 cups, cooked
- Refried beans (I used small red kidney beans ) – 1 can ( which means cooked)
- Red Enchilada sauce – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro/Guacamole/ Avacado/sour cream/ green onions – for garnish
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Preparations: Cook 1 cup of quinoa in 3 cups of water according to package instructions, set aside. Lightly oil the baking dish.
- In a skillet, add little oil, add the onion, pepper, jalapeno, garlic, little pepper and sauté them for few minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Then now to the skillet, add the corn, beans, enchilada sauce, chilli powder, 2 tbsp of water, salt to taste and cumin powder. Keep sautéing till the raw smell leaves for 2 minutes.
- Then add the quinoa to the skillet, mix and switch off.
- Now take the oil greased baking dish, just spread little enchilada sauce, then place half of the tortillas ( I cut them into half), cooked veggies, 1 cup of cheese, then again rest of the tortilla, cooked veggies, rest of the cheese and squeezed some lime on top.
- Bake it by covering with foil for 15-20 minutes. Remove it when the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with some sour cream/ yogurt and green onions/ cilantro on top.
Disclaimer: World Kitchen sponsored this post, I was given this beautiful four-piece set of Corningware baking dishes to try and I’ve been compensated monetarily for this recipe. However, all opinions are my own as always.