Just 5 minutes to make this tangy and spicy Raw Mango Pickle.
It is prepared with red chili powder and salt. It is known for its spiciness you can enjoy the goodness of raw mango like this. Mango pickles are my favorite of all the pickles. To be frank, I love all pickles
My mom makes this for me always 😉 and even this time she made this just for me and I had it with my every meal for 5 days. I have already made an Mango pickle but that one can be stored for 6 months. This one is totally instant made in just few minutes and should be done eating in 5 days. I totally love this taste more than the store bought ones. You should try making this to understand what I say ;). You can use sesame oil or mustard oil. And any day I am a curd rice lover 😉 so without pickle for my curd rice is not happening. It taste great even with dals ( like Three Lentil dal, Gujarati peanut dal or Garlic dal).
- Mango - 1 (unripe)
- Salt - As needed
- Sesame oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1.5 tbsp
- Asafoetida - 3 pinches
- Roasted fenugreek seeds powder - 2 pinches
- Chop the mango finely and place them in a mixing bowl with the required amount of salt.
- In a pan, heat oil and temper by adding mustard seeds, when it cracks, add the red chilli powder and asafoetida. Switch off and add roasted fenugreek seeds powder. Mix everything with the chopped mango.
- You can store this upto 5 days in a container - Mix well and Store it in a dry container.
2. AI have roasted fenugreek seeds powder with me always, so I add it to all of my pickles easily. If not, Just roast around ½ tsp of fenugreek seeds , crush and add it.