Blend some flavorful spices, massage the chicken and roast it in pan or oven! 🙂 and delicious!
I am having a feeling I am posting too many chicken or lamb recipes, the fact is I don’t cook much these days, even if I cook, I just don’t get a chance to take pictures. When I make it planned I try taking pictures as I would like to keep this page alive too :). It is my hard work and I really don’t want to go waste after all these. I made this with some lamb chops curry last weekend for my colleagues. I had this recipe typed long long back J and actually I have so many saved in drafts. However never tried them or posted them. This recipe was quick to make and I really like recipes when I don’t have to stand in the kitchen watching it cook.
I made them in pan, you can also make them in oven by baking it. It is Diwali week, I really wanted to make some sweets and snacks. Too busy and held up with a lot more things now so no time. For me Diwali is just another day, but I like the fact I can indulge on those sweets and snacks. I totally miss the fact that I have no family to share with so I am really not tempted to make some. I get tempted once in a while checking out the pictures in Instagram. I usually don’t get any pictures other than foodie pictures in my feed 😀 it is so loaded with those pictures. Sometimes I liked them which helped me still inspired with cooking and recipes. When I want to lose weight, it’s a big NO! Also for the fact, even if I make them, I have no one much to enjoy eating them.
I have a collection of chicken, lamb, egg and seafood recipes here : All chicken-lamb-egg&seafood
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Chicken drumstick - 4
- Lime juice – ½ tsp to garnish
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1.5 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Red Chillies - 4
- Garlic - 4
- Pepper balls – 2 tsp
- Green Chilli – 1
- Curry Leaves – 5-8 leaves
- Red onion – ½ cup
- Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 2 tsp
- Blend everything under “To blend” into a paste.
- Take some chicken pieces, I used only drumsticks, slit here and there for masala's to pass in , add the blend paste to it with rice flour ,required amount of salt and massage. Marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Take a pan in medium flame, add oil, add the marinated chicken and roast it till they get brown coating on top both sides which will take 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce flame to medium to low, close the pan with lid and wait for it get cooked inside for another 20-25 minutes. Switch off when all the water and oil has gone. ( or keep in a baking pan for 16 minutes in an oven with 4 minutes in broil mode)
- Garnish with coriander leaves, lime juice and serve!