It only takes 4 ingredients to make this delicious and refreshing drink. A healthy alternative to a strawberry milkshake!
Lassi is a sweet, yogurt based Indian drink that is easy to make and is outright delicious. With weather warming up , here is one of my absolute favourite summer drink with a twist. I am sure it is a healthier substitute to strawberry milkshake.Sweetness of strawberry and coolness of yogurt makes this dish heavenly. Simple blend of few ingredients and you are done with the dessert for the day.Mangi Lassi is a refreshing, cold beverage originating from India.And i made a twist to that an made this. Actually Lassi is a yogurt-based drink blended with a bit of sugar and ice, which is great to have in summers. I would say a lassi is more of a healthier, lighter version of a milkshake.
I dipped my strawberries in honey and decorated in the glass so it was more tastier!
- • Freshly Chopped strawberry pieces – 2 cups
- • Yogurt – 1 ½ cups
- • Sour cream – 3 tbsp (optional if the yogurt is not sour)
- • Cream – 1 tbsp
- • Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- • Sugar – 5 tbsp or honey.
- • Few mint leaves – for garnish
- chop the strawberriues end.
- In a blender or mixer, puree the strawberries with sugar or honey, IF you are using the pulp, skip this step.
- Now blend the chilled yogurt, cream, sour cream, the cardamom powder,strawberries. blend for some seconds till everything is mixed well and the yogurt is smooth and creamy.
- Pour lassi in glasses and serve garnished with mint leaves or strwaberries,
2. Instead of sugar, you can use jaggery or honey.