To start the post with, I wanted to wish a Happy new year to you and your family And May all your wishes come true! 🙂 Always be happy 🙂 keep smiling! Don’t worry for making any mistake. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new :)!” Whatever happens, don’t lose your smile :)! Stay happy
I have been busy all these days with my parents, friends and yesterday my sister and nephew joined us here too. So I did not prepare lot of dishes. So I am going to post one of my favourites and standard dish from India. No one would say no to this 🙂 As far as I know ;)! I had very more recipes drafted but wanted to post this as I got some request for this! 🙂
Sweetness of mango and coolness of yogurt makes this dish heavenly. Simple blend of few ingredients and you are done with the dessert for the day. Mango Lassi is a refreshing, cold beverage originating from India. Actually Lassi is a yogurt-based drink blended with a bit of sugar and ice, which is great to have in summers. I would say a lassi is more of a healthier, lighter version of a milkshake.
Everyone has his or her own way to prepare mango lassi. This is my own rich way of doing this. You can skip sour cream if the yogurt is sour but mostly it is not. You can just beat the mango pulp, sugar, yogurt and cardamom in a blender. But if you wanted to make it rich and creamy :), try this way!!!! Trust me 🙂 its going to a hit in your family! Even the pulp is equally good; you can try the alphonso pulp and do this 🙂
Mango lassi is everything you want right now? 😉 am i right ?
- Freshly Chopped mango pieces – 2 cups
- Mango Pulp – 2 cups
- Yogurt – 1 ½ cups
- Sour cream – 3 tbsp (optional if the yogurt is not sour)
- Cream – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 5 tbsp or honey.
- Few mint leaves – for garnish
- Peel the mangoes and chop them.
- In a blender or mixer, puree the mangoes with sugar or honey, IF you are using the pulp, skip this step.
- Now blend the chilled yogurt, cream, sour cream, the cardamom powder, pulp or mangoes puree. blend for some seconds till everything is mixed well and the yogurt is smooth and creamy.
- Pour lassi in glasses and serve garnished with mint leaves or cubes of mango.
2. Instead of sugar, you can use jaggery or honey.