This dish is made of beautiful capsicums, methi leaves and of course paneer. For people who is not aware of paneer, it is fresh common cheese of India. Indian version of tofu . It’s very tasty. You get in many shops these days. It can be made at home as well. But it’s time consuming and also i think its same cost if we make it at home or buy at a shop.
Paneer 🙂 I don’t know who found this. But I love him/her for that. It is one of my personal favourite. As I am a vegetarian (yes, i am 😉 ) whenever I wanted to eat something special in Indian food, first thing that comes to my mind is Paneer. I have really great Friends and we used to celebrate the birthday mornings by making something special for the birthday person when we all stayed together. OMG! That used to be real fun. Miss you girls !!!! They are all non vegetarians . So when they wanted to make something on my birthday, first thing that would knock their mind is Paneer 🙂 and I will be super happy !
- In the first pan:
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cumin/Jeera - ½ tbsp
- Onions - 2 ( minced them very small)
- Chillies - 2 (cut them small)
- Tomatoes - 2 (chop them very small)
- ginger garlic paste - ½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder -1 tbsp
- chilli powder - 1tbsp
- salt - 1½ tbsp (or as per your taste/ or add it after the gravy is ready also)
- coriander powder - ½tbsp
- Butter - 2 small cubes or 2tbsp
- Green Bell pepper - 1
- Red Bell Pepper - 1
- Paneer cubes - 15 cubes
- Dry Methi leaves (kasoori methi) - 3 tbsp
- cooking cream - 1 cup
- Coriander - to garnish
- Heat a pan in medium flame ,add some oil, cumin, onions, chillies and salt. Saute them till they are translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, tomatoes and turmeric powder. Saute them for about 2-3 minutes in medium flame and then add the garam masala, cumin powder,coriander powder and ½ cup of water. saute them in medium flame till they ooze some oil out. You will surely oil oozing out from corners. switch it off when it happens so. usually it takes 5-6mins.
- Meanwhile, heat another pan in medium flame, add some butter, add the capsicums and paneer together. Crush the methi leaves and top it on this.Mix them carefully without breaking the paneer. Fry for three - five minutes.
- Add the onion tomato paste that we prepared before to this pan, add ½ cup of water. Make it boil for five minutes.
- Pour the cooking cream and mix gently. Let it boil. When you see oil oozing out on the top around 5-6 mintes later,switch off.
2. Cooking cream gives a rich flavor, so you should add it. DOn't skip it. You can use milk if you don't have cream
3. My salt level was perfect. But if you want more or less, you can adjust as per taste.
4. I wanted it to be colourful, so used green and red bell peppers. You can use any colours or just one.
5. I used dry methi leaves, i am not sure how it will taste with original ones.
This will work with any bread / roti/ rice that you fancy 🙂