Roasted spicy masala marinated eggs!
I made this on a Sunday as a side dish recently. Whenever I usually make chicken biryani or lamb biryani, I also boil egg or make this pepper egg roast. I found that boiled egg is too simple. However I find egg pepper roast is complicated or time-consuming for most Sundays with my other list of dishes I do. I wanted to change it. So made this. It tasted great and perfect. This takes just 20 minutes to do after you boil the eggs.
🙁 After I took the pictures, it slipped from my table by mistake. 🙁 I had to do it again :(. But wanted to make it 🙂 it looked and tasted amazing I believed. So made it again. 😉
- Egg – 5
- Curry Leaves – 1 Sprig
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsp (chopped to garnish)
- Fennel seeds/sombu – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/Jeeragam – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 3
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Onion – 5 shallots/ or equal quantity of red onion
- Pepper balls/ milagu – 1 tbsp
- Whole dry Red chilli – 1
- Green chilli - 1
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Boil the eggs. [I boil the egg in boiling water for 5 mins. Switch off and close it for 10 mins. Wash in cold water and remove the shell]. Set aside.
- Blend all the ingredients under “To grind” for the masala paste with 2-3 tablespoon of water. Blend to a smooth paste and Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the curry leaves, blended masala paste and the salt.
- Let it get cooked in medium flame till the raw smell leaves for 2-3 mins.
- Cut the boiled eggs into two and add it to the medium heated masala pan. Keep the flame on low and slowly roast the masala eggs.
- Once in a while turn the eggs slowly. This is to make sure the eggs are roasted properly.
- When the masalas with the eggs are roasted brown, switch off. It would take 10 -13 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.