Mushrooms are simmered in spicy & delicious Indian gravy !
It was drafted for a long time in my list to post, thought this is the right time to post it because I did not pretty much cook anything for past one week. I made baigan bartha, but did not force myself to take pictures. I always have couple of recipes in my draft except that I have to type the story or description to it. The masalas in this mushroom are finger licking good. Mushrooms and eggs are the best friend for bachelor cooking I guess, easy to make it for a side dish. So, if you wanted to make it special with a comfort lunch without much of work and grocery shopping then go for this!
I am a vegetarian and I love mushrooms. I cook mushrooms at least once a week. Tried sometime back to be vegan for a week, and it was hard actually. I had a tough time without yogurt and cheese. Probably will try it again sometime :D. Just want to check if I can do it…!
As a matter of fact, this is a vegan curry. You can skip peas and replace with any veggie you want to add.
I have a collection of my favorite mushroom recipes. Few I would mention are Mushroom peanut salan, Paneer Mushroom bell pepper gravy, Mushroom Biryani, Vegan tofu mushroom dumpling potstickers Garlic Creamy mushroom spaghetti, Mushroom cutlet
- • Mushooms – 300 gms, chopped into cubes
- • Peas – 100 gms (can use frozen peas)
- • Oil - 2 tbsp
- • Hing - a pinch
- • Cumin Seeds/ Jeera - 1 tsp
- • Red chilli - 2, Broken
- • Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- • Garlic - 4, very finely chopped
- • Ginger -1/2 inch, finely chopped
- • Green chilli - 1, small, finely chopped
- • Onion - 1 big or 1 cup, very finely chopped
- • Tomato - 2 small, or 1 cup, very finely chopped
- • Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- • Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- • Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- • Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- • Fresh crushed Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- • Fresh crushed Fennel powder - 1 tsp
- • Garam masala - ¼ tsp
- • salt - about ½ tbsp ( as per your taste)
- • Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp, finely chopped, for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan; add hing, broken red chilli and jeera and sauté for few seconds. Add chopped onion, curry leaves, chopped ginger and chopped green chilli, chopped garlic and sauté till onion becomes translucent and golden brown. Add chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder, sauté till its little mushy.
- Now add the chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, fennel powder, pepper powder, garam masala and mix well. Saute it well for 2-3 minutes to raw masala. Now add the mushrooms, peas and then add 1 cup of water and make it boil in medium flame closed for 5-8 minutes.
- It will reduce into an onion tomato pasty consistency and will ooze out oil on sides.
- Finish with coriander leaves and serve it hot! Squeeze some lemon juice as well.
2. You can use the frozen peas as well.