Flavourful and comforting fried rice using mushrooms ready in 30 minutes! 🙂
I would suggest using a wok to make this. There should be this fast and fried touch to this which happens by cooking in the wok. I have this pan which is not wok but still does the job 🙂 If you have celery, use it when you add mushrooms 🙂 It gives great flavour.
It is super quick to make this recipe. I literally made this in 30 minutes. If you have pre-cooked rice, this will take just 15 minutes. I once tasted when my sweets 🙂 cooked for me 🙂 and I made it later once with my own twist after that. I don’t know 🙂 I liked the taste a lot. Special..!
Fried rice is so versatile. You can add any vegetables to it. You can even make this with leftover rice. You can add eggs to it if you eat eggs :). I am sure it will taste great with eggs too. It is very important to make the rice grainy for fried rice. If the rice turns sticky, we won’t get it perfectly. You can use different colour capsicum to add more colour to the rice. It is very simple, the only thing to do is chop the everything thinly sliced. Make sure to use nice good quality basmati rice, as it’s the star ingredient here.
I have a collection of mushroom recipes you can check. 🙂
- Oil – 2 tbsp (approx)
- Red chilli Flakes – 2 Tsp
- Garlic – 5, Thinly sliced
- Ginger – 2 inch, sliced
- Onion – ¾ cup, thinly sliced
- Green chilli – 2 long, thinly sliced
- Capsicum/ Bell pepper – ½ cup, thinly sliced
- Mushroom – 150gms, chopped or sliced
- Soy sauce – 2 Tsp
- Crushed pepper – 1 tbsp
- Rice – 1.5 cups
- Salt – as per your taste
- Spring onions – 1 tbsp, finely chopped to garnish
- Take a rice cooker with 2 tsp of oil, 1.5 tsp of salt, 1.5 cups of rice, 2.5 cups of water and cook it. You can cook this in a pan too. Open and let the rice get cool.
- Take a pan with 1 – 1.5 tbsp of oil in the medium to high flame, add red chilli flakes, garlic, ginger, green chillies, 1 tsp of salt and sauté for 30 seconds. Add onions with a bit of salt and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add bell pepper, mushrooms, ½ tbsp of crushed pepper and sauté well for two minutes.
- Add soy sauce, rice and keep tossing every 20 seconds for 2- 3 minutes till the rice gets fried too.
- Add chopped spring onions to garnish and switch off.