The entire process of making rava ladoo took me no longer than 20 minutes. These rava ladoos are a traditional sweet that is also made during many festivals like Diwali, ganesh Chaturthi, weddings or small pujas at home. It makes an excellent gift during festival season or a light dessert. It is a delicious soft and sweet balls. This can be prepared without any difficulties. There are various versions followed to prepare this ladoo. Some like to add milk and some like to add ghee/clarified butter. Only thing is if you add milk, it reduces its shell life. Some like to add coconut but I like it with no coconut. Its not that I don’t like coconut, I love coconut 😀 I have two desserts with just coconut. But I mad ethis for Diwali, so we start celebrating Diwali atleast a week before. So, I made them in the weekend and can have till Diwali. 😀 what a plan 😀 To know more about Diwali, you can visit my “Spicy murukku” post.
- Rava – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Meted ghee – ¼ cup
- Cashew nuts – 8-9
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Milk - 1 tbsp
- In a pan, add 1 tsp of ghee and roast the cashews and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, roast the rava in medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes. Do not get it burnt or change it colour. Don’t move away .
- My rava was very soft, so I did not grind. But grind them if not after cooling it down.
- Take a wide bowl, Add sugar and cardamom powder to the mixture. Add the melted ghee and cashews to rava sugar mixture.[br
- Mix well and start making round balls. Sprinkle milk as u make it, if you find it hard to form balls.
2. If you want to make it with less ghee, ad dhalf of ghe and half of milk.
3. You can fry raisins with cashews and add them
Store in an airtight container for 4-5 days in room temperature.