I would say it is one of the Mumbai’s famous and fast selling foods when it comes to street corners and food stalls. It is also called as Anda bhurji, scrambled eggs, Bhurji pav. This will stand out of all the dishes on your dining table. I used colorful peppers to make it look more beautiful.
It has onions, ginger, tomato, green chillis and green red peppers. You can even use peas in these. I have used pav bhaji masala in this recipe. Pav bhaji is a popular Indian chat food in India and this masala is used in this recipe. You can get this masala at any Indian grocery stores. You can replace 2 tsp of pav bhaji masala with 1:1 Red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
It is so easy to make these. And as I always say, eggs are saviors if you don’t have anything or lazy to make a time consuming dinner. They serve best when had in the breakfast. Very healthy! You can also have them with rice and some curry. Or just have it as a snack in the evening with some tea. You can also place them in pita or taco or have it in a sandwich filling.
- Eggs – 3 large.
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Green chillies – 2, finely chopped
- Green capsicum – 1, finely chopped ( I added green and red half and half)
- Grated ginger – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 1 small, finely chopped
- Pav bhaji masala – 2 tsp ( or 1 tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp garam masala)
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 dollop
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp, finely chopped
- Milk – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- In a large bowl, break one egg at a time and whisk the egg yolks and whites together until light and fluffy.
- To the egg mixture, add the salt, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala and pepper powder. Whisk well till they all combine well.
- Take a wok/ pan on medium heat and add 2 tsp of oil, add the grated ginger, the chopped onions, the finely chopped bell peppers and the green chillies. Sauté those until the onions and peppers are soft and tender.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes to it, and then sauté those until the tomatoes are lightly softened but not very mushy.
- Now add the egg mixture to it, keep stirring the mixture continuously until you begin the eggs coming together. And also they should have the crumbly texture. Keep stirring or else it may stick to the pan.
- When they have cooked completely, add the butter and milk and stir well.
- Switch off and Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
2. reduce the green chilli if you like it not spicy.
Serve these delicious egg bhurji with bread for breakfast or make it as side dish for any curry and rice or make this dish for tea time snack.