This masala toast is a great recipe for evening snack or perfect for morning breakfast. I would say it is almost similar to the French toast but this is a savory version of it. The bread is dippen in a masala egg mixture and toasted on a griddle pan.
You can use any kind of vegetable with eggs, I used the classic combination of onions, tomato and capsicum. You can always skip even the onions, tomatoes mint and bell pepper. You can even add parsley to this or even grated carrots. In my mind this is quick recipe when you have guests at home, and you just want to make something quick but palatable. This is the best to make as evening snakc or breakfast recipe. It is totally customizeable. This egg will just nicely coat on bread. You will most probably have milk,bread and egg at home always. So, this is perfect savior always. This is also kid friendly. Is that not perfect ?!
I made this for my friends before a month on a morning on a long weekend when they came from Ottawa. I wanted to make something quick for all of them. So, I just made this and they all loved it. Me happy 🙂 as always. I did not slice off my sides from bread because I like my bread sides. The bread I used was sesame bread. I once had it at my work place so got that week then never went there to that store to buy it. I am lazy to go all the way to that shop just to buy sesame bread. But will most probably go this week or next week to buy for my boyfriend as he loves this sesame bagel, he should probably like sesame bread too.
I have some quick morning breakfast recipes using bread that you can try – Vegetable Bread Toast Sandwich, Creamy Mushrooms and Greens on Toast, Sweetened condensed milk toast with Orange zest, Simple Poached egg and avocado Toast. And also other breakfast recipes.
Vegetarians can replace the egg by some maida (all-purpose flour) instead of eggs.
- Bread Slices – 3
- Eggs – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, very finely chopped
- Crushed pepper – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
- Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil/Butter – as needed
- Mint leaves – 1 tbsp , finely chopped (Optional)
- Onions – 2 tbsp, finely chopped (optional)
- Bell pepper/ Capsicum – 2 tbsp, finely chopped (Optional)
- Tomatoes – 1 tbsp, finely chopped (Optional)
- Take a chopping board, chop onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, some coriander leaves, mint chili finely.
- Keep a pan or griddle in heat.
- Take a bowl and break eggs, add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, milk, crushed pepper, chilli powder, chilli, coriander leaves, salt and mint leaves. Use a whisk and beat it well. Add onions, tomatoes,bell pepper and whisk it again.
- Take the bread now (You can remove the sides) and cut it into triangle shape.
- Add butter/oil to the pan, and when it melts, now dip the bread in the marination and place it in the pan.
- When one side is cooked, sprinkle some oil and cook till the other side is toasted too.
- Serve it hot with some fresh juice.