🙂 Good Day 🙂 Egg Lovers and Breakfast Lovers 🙂
I somehow thought that poached eggs are like scary to do but they are beautifully easy. 🙂 They took me about 10 minutes to make this whole breakfast. The contrast between the crispy bread, the soft and fresh avocado and the creaminess of a poached egg is brilliant. Good thing is it’s also very healthy and satisfying.
I made this potato tikka that morning. I did not want to spend more time in my kitchen, so thought of doing a quick breakfast. So, I just opened my refrigerator and saw that avocado J I love guacamole! J So, thought of making this avocado toast and have banana slices drizzled with chocolate and broken hazelnuts. 🙂 And ginger cardamom tea! Lovely it is! Eggs are always my life savior when I wanted to make something quick for lunch or dinner or breakfast.
I wanted to poach this egg first before I try eggs benedict next week. It is the only thing on a brunch menu that I simply cannot resist to do.
You can have this for dinner, lunch or breakfast 🙂 BRUNCH 🙂
- EGGS – 2
- BREAD SLICES – 2
- AVACADO – ½
- PARMESAN CHEESE – 2 TBSP
- SALT – 2 TSP
- PEPPER – 2 TSP
- AVACADO – 1 TSP
- BUTTER – ½ TBSP
- FRESH HERBS – PARSLEY, THYME OR CORIANDER
- BANANA – 1, SLICED
- CHOCOLATE – 1 TBSP
- HAZELNUT – 1 TSP, BROKEN
- Spread ½ tbsp of butter on one side of each side of bread, pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown or crispy or even without toasting them is fine.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Use enough water to cover the eggs when they lay in the bottom. Add the vinegar, bring the water to a simmer, break each egg into a small bowl, slowly add each egg into the simmering water, and let it cook for 1 minute exactly, turn the heat off, place a lid on the skillet and let them sit in the hot water for 5 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking smash the avocado on each piece of toast. When the eggs are done, use a spatula to lift the eggs out of the water. Gently pull the rim off of the eggs (I do this right on the spatula, over the water) and place the poached eggs on top of the toast. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs; serve with the fresh quartered heirloom tomatoes.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread and smash the avocado on each piece of toast.
- Drizzle some chocolate on the banana and keep it as sides.
- When the eggs are done, use a spatula to lift the eggs out of water and pat dry and place them avocado toast.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and fresh herbs.