I always like to make big meals but just lazy most of the times. Two weeks back I got into a mood to cook and I called my friends home for lunch. So I got a reason to cook some yum recipes. I always wanted to make this big meal for my boyfriend and serve him every Sunday. It is still unfulfilled. But I am waiting 😀 . Ok, back to the plate, this is a very comforting meal. If you have some guests coming home and you wanted to make a full meal, you should make this. Back home, every Sunday, they make such big meals. You can always change the recipes you wanted to make or just pick a few from this. To be frank, everything in this plate was really good. I liked malai methi paneer being a vegetarian.
I could not click separate pictures of baby corn. bad me! But you can just marinate the babycorn in the mixture of chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, corn flour, rice flour, pepper and salt. Here is a similar recipe with cauliflower – cauliflower fry/Gobi fry. And pepper egg is a simple recipe of just boiling egg, remove the shell, heat a tbsp. of oil, add curry leaves/curry leaves powder, pepper powder, salt and add egg to it and fry for 5 minutes by just sautéing. Or you can do this Egg pepper roast.
These are the links for each of the menu items here:
- Home Style Fish Curry/ Meen Kuzhambu
- Coconut Butter Chicken Roast
- Malai Methi Paneer
- Ghee rice
- Baby Corn fry/ Gobi fry
- Semiya kesari
- Pepper egg / Egg Pepper Roast and rice.
- Marinate Fish and set aside. Marinate chicken and set aside. Marinate baby corn with chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, corn flour and rice flour, salt. Boil egg. Soak tamarind for fish curry. Prepare dough for parotta. Marinate rice. Keep plain rice in cooker.
- Chop onions, green chillies, tomatoes, capsicum/bell pepper, coriander,paneer for all the recipes.
- Sauté ingredients for ghee rice and keep in electric cooker.
- Prepare Fish curry and coconut butter chicken roast side by side.
- Finish and start sautéing for malai methi paneer and finish blending and prepare the curry. Roll parotta and heat in the pan side by side.
- Remove shells from egg and heat oil, add some curry leaves and pepper powder and salt and add the eggs to it and fry for 5 mins.
- Heat oil on a pan for deep frying babycorn. Meanwhile sauté vermicelli in another pan.
- Deep fry babycorn. And finish semiya kesari other side.