Cauliflower and chickpeas marinated and roasted in oven and then placed in corn tacos topped with avocado and Cilantro Lime crema. This combination makes the dish juicy and crunchy. This dish is very healthy and also palatable. They look beautiful when you plate them. I always love Mexican food. Burritos, tostadas, taco ..enchiladas. My personal favorite is enchiladas. There is a nearby Mexican restaurant to my place called “ 3 amigos”. I Just love their enchiladas. Whenever I think of outside food, my first choice would be “enchiladas”. Oh la la la! As I type, I got the craving for it already 😀 But it takes some time , so my next choice would be tacos . You can always do your own taco plate with the veggies/meat you have at home. Just top it with some spices and colourful veggies to make it vibrant.
Last night I made this roasted cauliflower and chickpea tacos with lime cilantro crema. I usually make tacos with different veggies or chicken. But this time I had cauliflower at home, so wanted to make it with that. That’s how I cook mostly, whatever I have in refrigerator; I make a dish with that.
I mixed up the cauliflower and chickpeas in the spice mixture. The spice mixture contains cumin powder, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder, oil and fresh limejuice. I placed them in oven for thirty minutes till they got crispy texture. I started tasting them right after I took it from the oven, I would have finished it up straight 😀 but i wanted to do this dish 😉 so placed them in tacos with this fresh crema 🙂 It was really yummy! Quick and tasty I used store bought corn tortillas. Will make my corn tortilla sometime 🙂 and post the recipe soon 🙂 To make the cilantro lime crema vegan, you can use vegan sour cream or yogurt.
- For the Cauliflower chickpeas mixture:
- Cauliflower - 1 small washed cut into small florets
- Chickpeas - 15oz can washed and drained
- Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
- cumin powder - 2 tsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tbsp
- fresh lime juice - 1 tbsp
- olive oil - 1 tbsp
For the tacos:
- Corn tortillas
- Avacado - 1 ( seed removed and diced)
- Spring onions - ¼ cup chopped
- Cilantro - ¼ cup chopped
- Red onions - ½ cup chopped
For the cilantro Lime Crema:
- Sour cream - 1 cup
- fresh lime juice - ¼ cup
- cilantro - ¼ cup chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a bowl and mix together cauliflower, chickpeas, red chilli powder, garlic powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, salt, lime juice, olive oil, and water.
- Take a baking pan, Place seasoned chickpeas and cauliflower. Roast for 30-40minutes, stirring occasionally which will make all sides of the cauliflower to crispy state. You can stop it when you see that the chickpeas and cauliflower are slightly crispy and cauliflower is tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- To make the cilantro lime mix the sour cream, fresh limejuice, chopped cilantro, chopped French onions, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Take a corn tortilla and place roasted cauliflower and chickpeas on top. Top with red onions, avocado, spring onions and cilantro. Drizzle some cilantro lime crema over the tacos and enjoy!!!
2. You can replace sour cream with Greek yogurt. it gives the same fresh taste.
3. To make the cilantro lime crema vegan, you can use vegan sour cream or yogurt.