And Guess what? This is my 100th post! 🙂 I have posted 100 recipes and it’s been 6 months! Wow! I am proud of myself! I am so happy that I started a food blog 🙂 and I am not regretting it at any minute! It keeps me busy and of course Happy :)! Many have asked me how I get time to cook so much each day and post. To be frank, weekdays it is more of quick dinner and quick lunch and not such heavy meals. I cook them on weekends and I post it that week or later. I type recipes when I get some time and I schedule it for later to post. Some days used to be so busy that I just doze off staring at my laptop after all the work at company and at home. (Only some days) But I am still happy about blogging! I can’t complain!
Mug cakes are always awesome to do. The idea is pretty neat. You combine all the ingredients in a large mug, cook it in the microwave for a minute or so and there comes the steaming chocolate cake. When I want to make solely for me, I prepare the mug cake. Many a times I feel like doing cakes, but I don’t want the entire cake to sit on the counter. And If I prepare the cake, I just have only one serving and not feel guilty having a whole cake. The cleanup and preparation time is so minimal 🙂 And top of all this, mug cakes can be prepared, cooked and in your mouth in 5 minutes. What else can you ask for in a lazy weekend morning?
And if you make it with right ingredients quantity, it will not be dry and rubbery. Egg is really optional in this recipe. You can skip it if you want it eggless. Cake is rich, moist and also chocalatey or nutelly!!! 😀 You can even add mashed bananas or peanut butter to this recipe.
I have tried lemon mug cake once, and it’s perfect! 😀 I don’t have many sweets, so, I did not try many. But I may say NO to chocolates if you offer me one but surely not to Nutella 😀 I love nutella! The hazelnuts and dark cocoa combo in that is just heaven!
Other favorite similar recipes: Breakfast recipes under 20 Minutes collection!
- Flour – 4 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Milk – 3 tbsps
- Vanilla extract – ¼ tsp
- Nutella – 2 tbsp
- Baking Powder – ¼ tsp
- Egg – 1
- Espresso powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp. (vegetable or coconut oil)
- In a mug, break the egg and whisk a little with a fork. Add milk, oil and mix it together.
- Now add all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa, salt).
- Finally add nutella. Mix it well but do not over mix or else it may become rubbery.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Start checking from 1 minute 20 seconds. Mine was done exactly at 2 minutes.Even keeping in microwave for long can turn it rubbery.
- Let cook for 5 minutes. Drizzle some icing sugar and serve when it is warm.