Paneer as I always say J they are delicious. You can never go wrong with paneer recipes 😉 somehow the end result will be good. And when you do recipes with paneer, it will be great for any get together or parties 🙂 I made this for my parents who visited me today 😉 they are with me for ten days. Cooking for them is something I always dream about when they are with me.So I was very happy to cook for them. I always Love to cook for my special ones, and that is how i started to learn cooking by making something special each day 🙂 just to make the day even more remarkable. “Love and memories is cooking” I guess. My mom used to cook for me till I was in India. It is just been 6 years that I am cooking full fledged. So 🙂 I made them lunch. I cooked Peas pulav, cashew paneer, mor rasam, okra fry and paal payasam. I will share all the recipes soon. 🙂
You can always do this recipe by replacing paneer with tofu, chicken or any veggie/meat you fancy. And also vegan can use the coconut milk instead of cream and replace tofu with paneer.
And also how to do homemade paneer.
- For the gravy:
- Onion – 1 cup, Chopped
- Tomato – 1 cup, Chopped
- Green Chilli – 1 , chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Cashews - 9 whole
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Salt - 2 tbsp or as needed
- Unsalted Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Paneer - 250gms , chopped as cubes
- Chilli Powder - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Kasturi Methi - 1 tbsp
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Cream - 2 Tbsp
- Cashew - 8, broken ( sauted in butter)
- Coriander – 1 tbsp, chopped finely
- Take 1 tbsp of butter in a pan, place the paneer cubes and fry for a minute in each side till they become crispy golden. Keep it aside. Do not fry for a long time or else it will become rubbery.(Optional step)
[ img src="http://www.relishthebite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/CashewPaneer1.jpg"]
- In the same pan with a tsp of butter or leftover butter in the pan, saute the cashews for garnish and keep aside.
- Take 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, Add the chopped onions and green chillies and sauté till they become transculent. Now add the tomatoes, garlic ginger paste and salt.
- Now add the chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Cook for about 10 minutes on a medium flame till everything gets cooked and add cashews, saute for a minute and switch off. Allow this to cool.
- Then add everything in a blender. Blend them into a smooth paste with not even small pieces of cashews on it.
- Heat butter in the same pan. Add the jeera, blended paste,water and stir well. and let it boil for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Now Add Garam masala,cream,sugar, paneer and boil for five minutes and switch off.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and fried cashews.
2. Its better to close the vessel with a lid when we add the blended gravy as it may spilt up some outside as it boils
It taste best with plan basmati rice, pulav, jeera rice or any parathas!