Truly fancy, delicious, restaurant style, vegan dish in 10 minutes. This is a recipe which will come to your rescue when you haven’t planned a meal on a week day.
It is a great vegetarian /vegan dish for any day,especially when it takes only 10 minutes to make. If we are given a choice of preparing a delicious dish in 10 minutes for dinner, we would choose it without thinking. 🙂 Will we not ;)! Or Is it just me 😀
It is a great dish to entertain with. You can either serve it as an appetizer with tooth picks, or serve it as main dish with plain or fried rice. You can press it between two slices of bread for a healthy quick breakfast.
I am usually very content eating humble food on the weekdays. It is more regional food that I grew up or sometimes salads (if I am lazy to stand up in the kitchen or if I am guilty having too much of junk foods 😉 which is most times!). But on the weekends, I tend to make and love to experiment in the kitchen. It is because I have more time on the weekends, and also I wanted to make myself occupied and busy the weekends.I really don’t want to get bored or else my mind would go wander about all thoughts. J And top of all this, I love to eat and I get to that all weekend :)! So, I made this for the weekend when I had some leftover rice from Friday evening and wanted to finish it up on Saturday. I wanted to make something quick to just eat with the rice which is tasty and filling. I did not want to stand in the kitchen for a long time 🙂 I knew I had some plans of going out for dinner. 😀
This was quick, flavorful and I love the addition of garlic with skin! You can serve this with some soy sesame sauce dip. You can even use the same method and do the recipe with paneer or baby corn. You can even fry the tofu and toss in this spice mixture.
- Tofu – 500 Grams (Extra firm) (Chopped to bite size cube pieces)
- Garlic – 7-8 cloves (don’t peel the skin)
- Ginger – 2 inch
- Dry red chillies – 8-10
- White sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tsp
- Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
- Pepper powder (or crushed pepper) – 1 tsp
- Chopped Green onions – to garnish
- Place the chilis, Ginger, sesame seeds,salt and garlic (with skin) in a blender and pulse it for 3-4 times. It should not be a smooth paste and it should turn into a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in pan in medium to low heat, add the spice mix and fry for 30 seconds and add then add the soy sauce, pepper powder and tofu cubes.
- Toss well for the spices and soy sauce to coat the tofu well. Fry for 2 minutes or so, till the tofu turns slightly golden and crispy on the outside.
- Garnish with chopped green onions or sesame seeds.
2. You can skip the ginger if you do not like it.
3. You can use paneer, baby corn for the same recipe.
4. If you can’t take this spicy tofu, use 4-5 chillies.