Today I wanted to post a comfort food from my home. You can make this in few minutes. This stir fry is healthy and goes well with plain rice or any gravy. I always prefer individual veggies stir fry than the combination of few veggies. I love carrots and this stir-fry is my favorite, I even like to eat this with plain rice or sometimes add plain rice it and enjoy as carrot rice. You can very well combine with beans and make it as carrot beans stir fry. I do that when I have only few portions of each veggie in the refrigerator. I mix all the veggies like beans, carrot and peas and make a stir fry using everything.
I have been thinking of posting this recipe for a long time, then thought it’s too simple to post. But now I thought it can surely help beginners or bachelors. You can substitute this with any veggie you fancy and make this same stir-fry. You can even use frozen veggies, then you have to just 1 tbsp. of water, add the coconut and switch off. There is no need of boiling and the whole recipe just takes 5 minutes to do. It tastes best with rasam, dal or sambhar. You can also have this with roti or just with plain rice.
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Asafetida – ¼ tsp
- Onions – 1 small / ½ cup, chopped
- Green chilli – 1, chopped
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Carrots – 2 cups, chopped
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Sambhar powder – ½ tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh coconut – 1 tbsp
- Coriander – 1tbsp, chopped
- Oil - ½ tbsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal and let it splutter. Add curry leaves and fry for a min. Now add chopped onions and green chillies and salt and sauté well till onions gets slightly browned.
- Now add the chopped carrots, sauté for a minute. Add the turmeric powder and sambhar powder. Mix it well. Add water till it is almost covered. Close the lid and let it turn soft and raw smell leaves.
- Once all the water gets evaporated, add dry coconut and chopped coriander and give a quick stir fry. Finish off by adding 1 tsp of coconut oil and switch off.
2. You can substitute this with any veggie you fancy and make this same stir-fry.
3. You can use 1 tsp of coconut oil to garnish. It gives extra flavor.
4. You can use frozen veggies also, then you have to just 1 tbsp of water, add the coconut and switch off.