It is an ultimate comfort food and you can also serve them as a starter and serve with yogurt dip. It is so simple and delicious. They are crispy, flavorful and delicious!They are simple and perfect every time i make them. Crispy on outside and soft on inside. They are irresistible all over. this recipe is my Mom’s recipe. She always make this for me 🙂 whenever there is garlic rasam or onion kuzhambu, she makes sure she prepares this. I missed it so I prepared this for myself ! I love to eat them always. It reminds me of my childhood. I am sure she will be happy if she checks this recipe here. I am sure this is a bachelors cooking recipe, as we can make it easily in no time.
Potatoes are an easy way to increase the nutrients and fibre in your diet. So be sure to have your potatoes. When “The little potato company”, Number one concern quality wise decided to send me a sample package of their potatoes, I was very excited. They have a lot of goodness in one little package. They are all natural, never processed, always fresh, and has a lot of variety that you will never get bored with. I used the first three packages and made some mini potato samosas and potato garlic tikka. And I got one more when I came back right from India and made this beauties! But took some time to post for sure 😉
As you all would have known , I love potatoes and paneer in vegetarian dishes. So, I have a lot of potato recipes in my recipes already. My other favorite potato recipes are POTATO/BAJJI FRITTERS, PARMESAN OVEN BAKED POTATO WEDGES WITH MINT DIP, POTATO GARLIC TIKKA, HERB & GARLIC OVEN ROASTED POTATOES, POTATO ROAST, POTATO SUKKA/ POTATO DRY ROAST, CAULIFLOWER POTATO PEAS MASALA , SAAG ALOO CAPSICUM, MINI SAMOSAS
- • Baby Potato/ Little Potato – 15
- • Red Chilli powder – ½ tbsp
- • Sambar powder – 3 tsp
- • Tumeric powder – ¼ tsp
- • Fennel powder – ½ tsp
- • Rice flour – 2 tsp
- • Asafetida - pinch
- • Salt – as needed
- • Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- • Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- • Urad dal – 1 tsp
- • Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Wash little potatoes and pressure cook with ¾ cup of water with ¼ tsp of turmeric powder and cook for 3 whistles or boil for 15 minutes by covering the potatoes with water.
- Peel the skin off or if you think it is really clean and ready to use like the potatoes I got, you can use with the skin.
- Mix the potato with rice flour, sambar powder, fennel powder, chilli powder, salt and asafetida and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1.5 tbsp of oil in a pan in medium heat, add mustard, after it crackles, add urad dal,and curry leaves.
- Bring the heat to low, and add mixed marinated potatoes
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of water, close the lid and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn in between to make sure it gets cooked evenly.
- Keep frying until the potatoes get roasted here and there in color. Switch off the flame.