Rich and flovorful biryani made with Chicken. It is surely a festive dish and this is perfect to cook when you have guests over or make it for dinner parties. You are going to love this rice flavorful rice. This is an exotic Indian chicken biryani in a restaurant style. Who does not love the exotic fragrant biryani? Just the name “biryani” will make many drool. I posted biryani collection recipes few weeks back with all biryani recipes and their side dish. I made this biryani with Garlic Raita.
Biryani is one of the most popular dishes in India. Biryani is one of the foods for sure that gives that comfort feeling. Each and every time when I make biryani, I try different methods just to differentiate and have different taste each time. There are varieties of biryani are prepared like Hyderabadi biryani, Mughal biryani, chettinadu biryani, Kashmiri biryani. The style of preparation and the rice used to make this biryani gives a unique delicious taste.
Biryani is not strenuous at all to prepare like many believe. Its just little time consuming and it need that little extra special care when we do it. Try to use all the ingredients listed, each ingredient has a special role in the biryani and compliments one with another.In restaurant style, these days they don’t use the whole spices like cardamom, cloves and so on. They just blend everything together. When I was thinking of biryani other day, I realized that I did not post my chicken Biryani pictures yet. It is one of the most famous Biryani and I am not sure why I did not post 😀 Just Memory loss I guess.
It is for all the Chicken and Biryani Lovers!
- • Ginger garlic paste - 1 ½ tbsp (I grind fresh garlic and ginger)
- • Biryani powder – 2 tbsp
- • Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- • Coriander pwder - 1 tsp
- • Jeera/ Cumin Seeds - 1 tbsp
- • Green chilli - 5 (cut them roughly)
- • Mint - ½ cup (chopped)
- • Coriander- ½ cup ,chopped
- • Curd – ¾ cup
- • Oil – 2 tbsp
- • Chicken – 1 kg, with Bone
- • Salt – 2 tbsp
- • Lime juice – 2 tsp
- • Fried onions – 1 tbsp
- • Basmati rice - 4 cup (soaked for twenty minutes)
- • Jeera - 2 tsp
- • Salt – 3 tbsp. (according to taste)
- • Fried onions – 1 tbsp
- • Ghee - 2 tbsp
- • Oil – 1 tbsp
- • Orange food colour mixed with 2tsp of water or saffron in warm water
- • Rose Essence – Few drops
- • coriander and mint leaves– to garnish
Special Masala Powder:
- • Cloves – 5
- • Cardamom – 5
- • Bay leaf – 2
- • Star anise – 1
- • Fennel seeds / Sombu – 1 tbsp
- • Black stone flower – 2 piece
- • Cinnamon – 3 cm piece
- • Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Powder the Special Masala Powder.
- Marinate everything listed under “marinate” section with the special Masala powder for at least two hours or even overnight is great.
- Soak basmati rice for an hour. Do not wash many times the rice; it will make you lose the rice flavor.
- Boil 8 cups of water in high heat. When it boils vigorously, add the soaked rice, jeera and salt. Cook till its 80% done. Usually I put them for 5 minutes after adding rice. That is usually 80% done.
- Meanwhile, add oil in a heavy bottomed pan, and add the marinated chicken and keep it without switching on.
- Now layer the rice with the cooked rice on the chicken, top it with fried onions, ghee, saffron in warm mater, rose essence, coriander and mint leaves.
- Cover the entire pan with foil and cover with a plate. Place a weight over it and let it cook on medium falme for 7 minutes and 25 minutes on very low flame.
- Now remove the weight and foil and fluff the rice carefully.
2.Gently mix the rice at the end, don’t break the rice.
3.Don’t compromise on the quality of the rice. Use basmathi rice and not long grained rice.
4. The red colour is not healthy. But sometimes I use it. You can add the saffron soaked in warm milk instead always.
5. Marinating chicken is a must. Mariante atleast for an hour, I soaked for 2 hours.
6. Don’t overcook the rice, then the rice will be mushy. So when you cook rice, stand next to it and keep checking it.