A great roasted potato side dish made with herbs and garlic. They are baked in a hot oven for 30 minutes or so until lightly browned, crisp on the outside and tender inside, almost like a potato chip, and I know how you all like potato chips 😀 The seasoning is simple too but works wonders. Do you know how to get them perfectly crisp, every time? 😉 ! Here it is!
I made this for my brunch today with chocolate hazelnut crepe and tea. These were my favorite part of the meal. I could seriously eat the entire batch. Actually when I came to Montreal before 6 years, I was not a brunch person at all. But for the past one year, I am starting to love it. The only problem is I have very less places to go for brunch 😉 because I am a vegetarian. Otherwise there are so many brunch places here and I always love going there somehow. The best parts I love in my brunch meal are the Potatoes and the milkshakes! 😀 Whenever I order some pancakes, crepes, waffle or anything sweet, I need my Potatoes as my side. I love to have potatoes in the morning. I am planning to make brunch menu ideas from now on. I realized that I have very less brunch ideas.
Potatoes! Baked potatoes, Mashed potatoes, potato casseroles, hash browns and so on! Seriously, I have not tried a potato recipe that I didn’t like. The least I like are the French fries. These yummy roasted finger-licking potatoes are crispy, spicy and healthy too. Over roasted potatoes are much healthier than French fries. There are lots of ways to make oven-roasted potatoes. This is my personal favourite. 🙂
Vegan Note: avoid parmesan cheese! 🙂
- Potatoes – 5
- Red Onion – ½
- Sea salt – ¼ cup
- Garlic powder – ¼ tsp
- Dried basil – ¼ tsp
- Paprika/Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Black pepper – ¼ tsp
- sugar – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese – ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 450˚F
- Wash & cut potatoes into circles. And slice the onions.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl of water with two cups of cold water. Let them stand for 30 mins. Then pat dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix the salt, garlic powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, sugar, dried basil and 1 tbsp of oil. Take a little and toss with onions. And toss the rest of the mixture with the dry potatoes in it.
- Take a baking sheet and place the tossed potatoes and onions separately. Bake at 450˚F.
- I removed the onions after 15 mins and the potatoes after 35 mins until the potatoes are cooked through, browned and crispy.
- Toss the potatoes and onions with the chopped coriander and grated Parmesan.
2. You can use the parchment paper to line in the baking sheet.
3. Parsley can be used instead of coriander to garnish