Spice coated chicken slowly roasted and browned in the hot pan scraping up the juices and flavor on the bottom.
This is the most indulgent, easy and delicious way of preparing chicken in Indian style. The ingredient is very simple and pretty straight-forward. I used just garlic, ginger, curry leaves and onions for this recipe. But 😉 hopefully you should miss these ones. It is simple, spicy and succulent. This is such an easy dish, yet so delicious and flavorful.
When you wanted to make a dry side dish with chicken, you might be guilty to make chicken 65 always which is fried. So, this one taste like it is been fried but it is not. I have another recipe Butter chicken roast which is similar but uses ghee and coconut in it. It tastes like butter coated chicken. I made this with a lot of recipes on a weekday so you could have guessed how easy it is to make. I would say it is the easiest recipe of all my chicken recipes yet tasty. It taste great with Biryani like lamb biryani or egg biryani, with plain rice and tomato rasam or sambar.
- • Chicken – 400 grams, bite sized pieces, cleaned and washed
- • Cardamom – 2 , Cinnamon – ½ inch stick, cloves - 2
- • Curry leaves – 1 spring
- • Dried Red chilli - 1
- • Cumin seeds/ Jeera – 1 tsp
- • Small Shallots – 10, chopped finely or medium sized onions – 2, sliced thinly
- • Green Chillies – 2
- • Garlic – 3, chopped finely
- • Ginger – 2 inch, chopped finely
- • Turmeric powder – a pinch
- • Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- • Sambar powder – 1 tbsp or (Chilli powder – 1 tsp and Coriander powder – 2 tsp)
- • Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- • Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, chopped, for garnish
- • Salt – as needed
- Take a pan and add oil in medium flame, add dried red chilli, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds and when their color changes, add garlic, ginger, shallots, green chillies and curry leaves.
- After the onion is sautéed well, add the chicken with turmeric powder, sambar powder (or chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Sauté well for 2 mins, and add 2 tbsp of water.
- Close it with the lid and do not add more water. Let the chicken cook from the water that chicken oozes out.
- Once it is almost 90% done, add pepper powder, garam masala and cook till the chicken is dry, browned scrapping up the juices from the pan and roasted. Keep the vessel open and not close it with lid now.
- When it is perfectly roasted, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.